Thursday, April 11, 2013

Open Handed

Sup blog peeps! This week was a good one. We started the week off with a mystery monday, learning self defense. We went to a local dojo and learned some effective techniques and moves, so don't mess with me or you will get a hammer-fist straight to the dome! On a more serious note, our speaker this week was Austin Ochs. Austin is a friend of Adam Donyes and helps run a company called Capital 3. Capital 3 is a private equity firm that owns and operates corporations with the mindset of creating economic, social and spiritual capital. This week he talked about many topics, including, how to live a high impact life, the powerful combination of business and ministry and much more. Even though I learned a lot, one topic that he discussed made the most impact on me. Open hand living. Open hand living is the mentality that we steward our time, treasure and talents with an open hand rather than a closed hand. Let me explain. If I have a five dollar bill in my hand and my hand is closed I will have that dollar bill as long as my hand is closed. If I have a five dollar bill in my hand and my hand is open I now have the opportunity to spend or give that five dollar bill away and create the potential for a larger bill, 10, 20, 50, to occupy my hand. With that larger bill I can now make a greater impact. This was a great lesson for me because I am more of a closed hand, kind of guy, but I learned that God has a plan and reason for everything and it will work for His glory and I should honor and trust Him for this reason. Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment